Friday 27 April 2012

Enjoy your endocannabinoids

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, April 27, 2012 with
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/the-evolution-of-the-runners-high/

I have never experienced runner's high, not in 50+ years of running, I did once however experience swimmer's high, an out of body, time whooshing by, feeling for a km or so during a 5km pool swim. So that's how I know that nothing like that has occurred while running!
Running is more in-body for me. Welcoming the pain and trying for more.

Last night at Parliament House I ran early with Cathy, Jen & Justine, then supervised a very tough session of 20 x 100m uphill on 90 seconds at one of the more difficult east side hills, with Cookie, Andy, Bronwyn, Craig, Ruth, Tony & Warrick. Fortunately that's the last of the steeper hill sessions for a while.

I got quite tired towards the end of yesterday's training, but I am still astonished how well I am recovering from the 50k of just 12 days ago.
  • no new injuries
  • no missing toenails
  • no blisters
  • no post-marathon cold
  • no missed training days, and
  • no plan to do it again, ever.
When I run tomorrow it will be 120 days, straight.