Sunday 15 April 2012

one more item has been ticked off my bucket list...

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, April 15, 2012 with
..."run a 50k ultra". Done.
My splits: half marathon 1:40. Marathon 3:30. Final time something under 4:20. So the pacing went exactly as expected. Bad bruising of the feet caused me to slow down after 30k. Also as expected. But - no blisters, no bad toenails, no new injuries. I only lost 1 kg of weight, too, good management! But it was a perfect morning for it. And a very big field, which helps make such a long day out more tolerable. Official results - not up yet, see http://tiktok.biz/canberramarathon/2012 for full results when they do come up. I will as usual pick out the speedygeese and post their times here. Now I am hoping I can keep my running streak going - tomorrow 4k will do! If at all possible, it shall be so.