Tuesday 24 April 2012

reprise

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 with
Song of the week: Sherlock’s Daughter: "Reprise". I am related to one of the group members...


such energy!

About Mondays: this is my recovery day, I plan to run an easy 10k each Monday to recover from whatever hard effort running I do on Sunday. Yesterday was no exception, I had run km intervals on Sunday for the first time this year, and my quads and hamstrings and an ITB are still tight from last week's 50k, so 10k in an hour was a pleasant run. Detouring to avoid the rain, I discovered that a loop down Spofforth Street then across to the ovals at Kippax is exactly 5k by the time you run along the ovals and reach Fullager Crescent past Higgins shops. By this route, anyway.


It is raining more now. I am hoping to do my Tuesday pre-Dickson long run later, at 4pm, and show you that tomorrow.... But not if the rain continues? We might have to cut it short, we will see. I am going out there anyway.

Customs 5k Result 20 April Andrew 19:34, Jen 21:30. Kym 22:24, Caroline 28:35

Lake Ginninderra panorama. From the RiotACT website.