Saturday 12 May 2012

cornered

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, May 12, 2012 with

Training last Thursday at Parliament House: Andrew, Caroline, Cathy, Ewen & I ran early. For the main session Andy, Bronwyn, Craig, Garry, Jen & Neil joined us for eight intervals around a "square" marked out on the grass down towards old Parliament House. After each interval we jogged to the next corner of the square and waited for the 3 minute mark. I got a bit tired and didn't do the cool-down run; I had been jogging since 3:00pm.

Speedygeese at Parkrun #3 this morning.
18 Geoff Moore 22:57
20 Ewen Thompson 23:32
27 Amanda Ruffin
32 Susan Sturgeon 26:43
We ran around the lake afterwards and the we exercised on various bits of equipment at John Knight Park. The park has been considerably upgraded since I was there last. There are many people walking/jogging/riding around the lake and many options for courses to run on nearby. Many of them I knew! Training here closer to home will make a welcome change from LBG as we meet there each week. In future I will aim to arrive by 7:00am for a better warm-up. I had more than a few niggles this morning, I'm not getting any younger, and it's only four weeks since the the 50k, still not recovered.