Tuesday 29 May 2012

waits for audience applause, not a sausage

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 with

Results Customs 5k 25 May
Bill Arthur 27:24
Caroline Campbell 28.32.

Bilbys + Geese
A reminder that we are training with the Bilbys at Dickson tonight. 6:00pm start, although I plan to arrive at 5:30pm in case others do.

Song of the week. Thrive by Switchfoot from http://youtu.be/mBm0ELc8eyY


“Feels like I travel but I never arrive
“I want to thrive not just survive”

Deaded by the dreaded lurgi (continued)
"Lurgi" was invented by the GOONS, to whom I used to listen on the radio when I was young. Spike Milligan wrote most of it, and he and Peter Sellers voiced most of the characters. Inspiring crazy stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Goon_Show_episodes#Fifth_series_1954

Nevertheless the dreaded lurgi has hit me big time, along with everyone else in Canberra who is on a running streak! Must have been carried in with last Thursday's foul weather.

So if I don't make Bilbys training tonight you will know that my streak is ended. But I will be there.

More Parkrun photos from Saturday

The start

Marty heading for an Australian Parkun record of 15.15

not-so-speedy self