Friday 15 June 2012

storm coming

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, June 15, 2012 with
Here's a scam to watch out for - a pretend microsoft agent calling about my computer performing unwanted downloads. Got one today, a phone call at home that is, not for the first time!

Dickson training Tuesday: Colin did 10 x 1 minute on 1 minute off, while Thea ran a timed 5k and I looked on.  Forty Bilibys somewhat out-numbered us, not to mention four groups of soccer players and one group of Frisby throwers. Then on Thursday at Parliament House Cathy, Ewen & I ran early, then Colin, Cookie, Bronwyn & Andy ran sprints along the west side light poles, similar to what we did last week. It hasn't been really cold, not yet anyway! But I am suffering from Monday and Wednesday efforts and may not be too crash hot for tomorrow's 8k cross country championships if I end up going. For interest my mile splits on Monday were 8.13, 8.21, 8.28, 7.54, 7.26, 7.39, 7.12, 7.19, 7.25, 7.40, 7.46, 7.33, 7.47. Wednesday I felt OK but am paying for it now.

I attended Glenda Regan's funeral this morning. None of the old training group from twenty-plus years ago were there, but plenty of other running friends of hers as well as family. Very sad, Glenda is only 47 years old.

Canberra lake, storm coming.

Finally, today marks our oldest grandchild turning 13. We haven't had a teenager in our family since 2 July 1996!