Sunday 5 August 2012

silver streak

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, August 05, 2012 with
Australian competitors are trying to win the silver medal count at the London Olympics. In the same vein, I have won silver in the streaking competition, being the second-last runner in our running group to terminate a running streak. I concede to Ewen, he has won the gold. Nevertheless, my 217 days is nothing to sneeze at. I am of course "disappointed". Now to start again in a few days when the pain in my heel goes away. Rio is only four years away.

From http://youtu.be/OQwD0QCbxaA



One thing I might have to do, apart from stretching, icing, and voltarenning, as subscribed by the Physio, is to start some eccentric loading on my achilles. In that regard, here is a timely article by James Barker

Achilles Tendinopathy: Are heel drops for me?

"A common question in the clinical environment is 'when should I start heel drops (eccentric loading) for my Achilles?'" ...

...continued at http://runnninginjuries.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/achilles-and-eccentric-loading.html

Unfortunately...
Neither does my inflamed heel.