Friday 17 August 2012

snow

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, August 17, 2012 with
Yay, it's snowing in Canberra, hasn't done so for years. Here are photos taken today at Gold Creek, which is in the ACT suburb of Nicholls.



Young flyers
Last night at Parliament House training, Cathy, Jen & Justine ran early, then Jen was joined by Abi, Andy, Colin, Craig, Eliza, Sarah (new), Susan, Verena & Warrick who ran 10 x 360m with 240m recovery along the west side of Parliament House. I supervised and joggled 5.5k altogether.

A drop in the ocean
Since the year 2000, nearly 1,600 asylum seekers coming to Australia by boat have died or are missing. Meanwhile, how many Australians have died in that time from smoking? Where's the outrage about that? See yesterday's post…

A plunge in the pool
Tomorrow I run at Acton with the 9:00 crowd, then I am off to the AIS for my first swim for many years. I am looking forward to it!