Wednesday 1 May 2013

moon rune

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, May 01, 2013 with
I have been watching "The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey" on DVD. What a brilliant movie. We did see it at Nowra in January, this is the second time through. I must read the book to see how it ends. Currently reading (a) "The Messenger" by Markus Zusak - it is unputdownable so it won't take me long to finish it. Also reading for the first time (b) "A Game Of Thrones" by George R R Martin, and as there are six more books after this in the series, it will take me 14 years to complete, so I should get to The Hobbit next, instead. Make that 21 years to complete.

"The Hobbit" - Barry Humphries is hilarious as the Goblin King.

Training yesterday at Dickson - Clint and I ran long, a lap of Mt Ainslie in fact. Then I organised some relays on the track. First there was 15 minutes of a continuous two person relay, with teams of Colin/Rod, Kym/Clint, Susan/CJ, Kelley/Roden, running 300m in turn Then followed a 15 minute three person 200m continuous relay with Colin/Rod/Kym, Clint/Roden/Caroline, CJ/Kelley/Susan. See "The Last Gasp" for CJ's write-up. "oh my golly gosh…what a shock to the system tonight was. I went along to Speedy Geoff’s Tuesday night session at Dickson oval...." Reading blog posts like CJ's can be just as pleasurable as reading good books, and doesn't consume as much time!