Wednesday 27 November 2013

New Canberra Marathon course

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 with


So if you are training for the April 13 Canberra Marathon you might like to train on some hilly courses. Detail at Canberra Marathon website http://runningfestival.com.au/.

Our recent training sessions:
Thursday 21 November speedygeese @ Parliament House (new session)
Present were Andrew, Colin, Garry, me, and Miranda. We ran 12 x 150m "corridor sprints" on two minutes, from down by the lake to uphill on the grass.

Saturday 23 November speedyducks @ Acton Ferry Terminal
Caleb came and ran, and Jen, Miranda & I went on a longer run

Sunday 24 November speedygeese @ Stromlo Forest Park
This time I was the only starter, although it was not as cold as it has been that early in the day. The interval part of my run was 10 x 100m with a 200m jog in between. I am just starting to work more speed into the training sessions.

Monday 25 November speedygeese @ Parliament House
I ran early, as did Miranda. Then Andy, Bronwyn, Christopher, Garry, me, Jen, Kym, Miranda, Rae P, and Warrick trained in the main session which we divided into two parts with a six minute jog in between. At the lower flagpole section, the first part was 12 minutes of running triangles sprinting up the diagonal; the second part was 12 minutes of zigzag relays in teams of two.