Monday 6 October 2014

stay alive

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, October 06, 2014 with
Song of the week: "Stay Alive", by José González
From http://youtu.be/NucJk8TxyRg
From "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"



The movie “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” has everything: romance, excitement, mystery, the best music, the best scenery, great acting, a brilliant story line. It is my favourite movie, I see it as absolute genius in every respect. And like my OTHER favourite movie, Amelie, it leaves me inspired to escape the mundane and try for the extraordinary. And like my OTHER favourite movie where you take the red pill, you know the one. And like my OTHER favourite movie where you follow the white rabbit, ditto.  And like Total Recall. These are movies about choosing Excitement, and knowing Reality! I wonder if there are more movies in the same vein?