Saturday 13 June 2015

Purple Patch

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, June 13, 2015 with
That's three weekends in a row when I have run well. Today was by far the best - a win in the M65s in the ACT 8k cross country championships. On paper a close race, but I took the lead at 3k and ran away from the opposition. The 5k split was 21:40 which is as fast as I have run on the road this year for 5k. And for the third week in succession, I have finished strong with a bit to spare. I don't know my final time, but it will be interesting to compare the time with past years, I suspect it's my best for many years.

How did I do it? I have been training well, I had one token rest day, Friday, and I set myself for a fast race, determined to win.

Now there is the rest of the weekend to celebrate, then back into training.