Sunday 20 September 2015

Dave's Memory Run Report

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, September 20, 2015 with
About 100 people in the 8Km "memory run". A lot more did the walk.
Got 2nd place overall (26:40) but we ran 6.5km, not 8 so we might have taken a short cut. No map of the course, no cones or arrows and the "marshalls" just sat there looking like they couldn't remember why they were there, even the one where I think we took the wrong turn.
I probably would have won it if I'd known we only had 500m to go instead of 2km as I expected. The kid I was running with took off in the last 500m.
No numbers handed out or timing so they wouldn't know my name even it it counted.
The good news was we averaged 4.05 pace. 18km altogether so all up a good day of running.
Dave


Dave at Tuggeranong parkrun yesterday. (He trained with us at Stromlo this morning before doing the Memory Run)