Monday 4 July 2016

My version of "The Nips Are Getting Bigger"

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, July 04, 2016 with
Song of the week: "The Nips Are Getting Bigger" by Mental As Anything
An excellent live performance version, from https://youtu.be/jE1vYhU0DnE
I actually saw them live in Canberra in the 1970s, they were in fact brilliant.



Here is my version of the lyrics.
Started out, just running track
I didn't know how or why
Or what I was doing there

Just a couple more laps
Made me feel a little fitter
Believe me when I tell you
I was nothing like a sprinter

I run right out the door
I take a good look at my Garmin
No pain, nothing
I'd better start running harder

Back in a flash
Then I start on a tilt at the marathon
Many slow miles
Training on my own

Woh-hoh-oh, the hills are getting bigger
Woh yeah, the hills are getting bigger
Wo-hoh-oh, the hills are getting bigger
Yeah, mmm they're getting bigger

Sometimes I wonder
What all these kilometers
Are doing to my legs
Doesn't worry me enough
To stop me from doing them again

Wiping out muscle cells
By the millions but I don't care
I still finish off each run
With almost nothing left to spare

Woh-hoh-oh, the hills are getting bigger
Woh, yeah, the hills are getting bigger
Wo-hoh-oh, the hills are getting bigger
Yeah, they're getting bigger