Saturday 12 March 2005

AMA championships

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, March 12, 2005 with

John Morton - one of the Canberra athletes competing at the AMA championships in Brisbane at Easter. Others from Canberra include Phil White, Graeme Small, Garry Maher, Bryan Thomas, and myself. John, Phil and Garry are "certain" medallists in their age groups. For the rest of us, it depends on who shows!
(Don't you love the number on John's singlet? When HE looks down at it, it's the right way up!)

Additional - I am hoping to catch up with Mick Konemann, Jo Cullen, and Ron and Gwen Vines while in Brisbane. They all live very near where I will be staying, and I am told Mick, Jo and Ron are all entered in the championships. Mick trained with us here in Canberra and was the fastest member of our training group before he moved away; Ron also used to train with me and Gwen occasionally too; Gwen being Margaret's identical twin sister.