Friday 7 October 2005

Masters Day One

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, October 07, 2005 with
What a great day! Not. Freezing cold, pouring rain, strong winds.

I rang Roger and talked to him around 11:30am, he had only just arrived and was going to run his 800 at 2:00pm.

Instead of driving the hour to the track to watch him and other Canberrans I stayed indoors and watched the cricket, my favourite batsman plundering the World XI's bowling. (They will have to import some bowlers from Venus or Mars to beat the Aussies, I reckon).

There are about sixty sports in the Masters, and many would have to be rescheduled I guess. What a nightmare! The competitors' packs all have big plastic raincoat thingies, good planning guys, well done.

The athletics had 100 heats and finals, 800s, 1500 walks on today. I will go out tomorrow, watch the 1500s, try out the track, and see if the program is the same as planned. The rain is supposed to ease but it has been raining since 10pm last night and it still is now at 6pm. Boy am I glad the 5k wasn't on today. Originally I wished it were on first so I could get it out of the way and have a run in the 1500. But not now.

Ha ha, Canberra will get this weather tomorrow.