Monday 13 February 2006

My Progress

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, February 13, 2006 with
last week’s target 90 km, achieved 91 km
this week’s target 95 km
weight 66 kg, total weight lost 1.0 kg
quote of the week “have no fear. No-one's getting out of here alive" – Foo Fighters, D.O.A.

My highlight of the week was running 19:51 for 5km on Friday over the Customs course. This after being quite sore from successive long runs on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

If anything the Customs course is slightly long, and the hill at the end slow. So this is my first sub twenty this year, hopefully the first of many. In 2005 I only managed it once; on a fast course in the Adelaide parklands, where I confess to running very unevenly, leading through the first km runners who went on to break 18 minutes.

This time the splits were pretty even, and I put in a better than usual effort over the Regatta Point Hill at the end.

And now we have just returned from a delightful three days/two nights with the four grandchildren and their parents in Flinders, Shellharbour, not returning until we had seen the two eldest off to their primary school for the day today.