Thursday 23 February 2006

A Surprise Movie

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, February 23, 2006 with

I finally got to see the movie "Run Lola Run". An eighty minute film of non-stop action, exploring what could happen in twenty minutes of panic, leaves you breathless and exhilarated. See the subtle changes in the way Lola runs which turn out to be momentous; a keen runner’s eye is rewarded. Appreciate the unforseen twists, and just love the adrenaline charged music.

"I wish I was a hunter in search of different food
"I wish I was the animal which fits into that mood
"I wish i was a person with unlimited breath
"I wish I was a heartbeat that never comes to rest "

Wonderful, exciting, why haven’t I seen this movie until now? Even the subtitles and captioning are fascinating and entertaining. A must see for all runners. It reminds me of the fabulous, slow, but equally captivating Vertigo by Hitchcock, which I have watched again after seeing Lola. Why Vertigo? Obviously the spiral staircase, but also the beautifully balanced structure of the movie. Brilliant.