Tuesday 5 September 2006

light surrounding you

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 with
my goals for the first half of the coming track season are the same as for last track season - I didn't achieve them, but I got close a couple of times.

1500m 5:20. Best so far 5:23 on 19 January at the AIS, Canberra, ACT. I can't see myself getting back there again!

3000m 11:10. Best so far 11:23 on 25 January at the AIS, Canberra, ACT. I should be able to repeat that this summer?

5000m 19:00. Best so far 19:26 on 16 April in the AMA Championships at the AIS, Canberra, ACT. I think sub 19:00 is a distinct possibility.

10000m 39:15. I will be trying for this time in the Fun Run next week, and again once on the track perhaps. Best so far 40:56 on 18 June in the Terry Fox Fun Run in Canberra, ACT. I can do a lot better.

When 2007 approaches I will revise these goals. My new goals are expected to be considerably faster than the old ones. (Yes dear readers, I am in danger of turning into "speediergeoff").

my office where I write this stuff my playlist from this morning's training run
Green Eyes - Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
I Will Hold My Head High - Third Day - Wire
I Turn Everything Over - Switchfoot - New Way To Be Human
The Orphan - Newsboys - Devotion
The Loser - Switchfoot - Learning To Breathe
Say I - Creed - Human Clay
Don't Panic - Coldplay - Parachutes
You - Switchfoot - The Legend Of Chin
Light Surrounding you - Evermore - Real Life ... “Don’t be afraid of something new”
God Is Not A Secret (remix) - Newsboys - Shine, The Hits
Swallowed In The Sea - Coldplay - X&Y
One - Tait - In The Name Of Love (the U2 song)
Afloat - Evermore - Real Life
Bullets - Creed - Weathered
Miracle Drug - U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
'Til Kingdom Come - Coldplay - X&Y
The Beginning - Lifehouse - Stanley Climbfall
City Of Blinding Lights - U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Meant To Live - Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown
Into The Ocean (Calling You) - Evermore - Dreams
The End Has Only Begun - Lifehouse - Lifehouse
My Guiding Light - Evermore - Real Life
Eagles - Third Day - Wherever You are
Spin - Lifehouse - Stanley Climbfall
Original Of The Species - U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Paint The Town Red - Delirious - The Mission Bell
Pick You Up - Powderfinger - Fingerprints
Dreams Call Out To Me - Evermore - Dreams
Walking Away - Lifehouse - Lifehouse
Here Without You - 3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?
Zeno: To prove it could never reach the other side.


Josiah’s favourite cow joke…
Knock knock… who’s there
Cows… cows who?
No, cows moo…