Monday 15 January 2007

Lift up your eyes

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, January 15, 2007 with
My training progress
last week's target: "100k or so"
achieved: 102k
this week’s target: 100k
weight: 64kg and steady
quote of the week: “Two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars.”
song of the week: Hillsongs - You Said

You said, Ask and you will receive
Whatever you need
You said, Pray and I'll hear from heaven
And I'll heal your land

You said Your glory will fill the earth
Like water the sea
You said, Lift up your eyes
The harvest is here, the kingdom is near

You said, Ask and I'll give the nations to you
O Lord, that's the cry of my heart
Distant shores and the islands will see
Your light, as it rises on us

O Lord, I ask for the nations!


Monday is the day I report on how my training has been going. Last week's distances were 17k Monday, then 18k, 25k, 8k when I managed only 2k of the 10k track race, zero when I was too busy, it was too hot, and I thought I was injured, 10k jog, & 24k on Sunday to finish off. This week I will run BBQ Stakes as a tempo run, and all being well I will race a 1500m and try to get that 5:17 target.






FOOTNOTES

1. I am going to host the 24k Goosy Gander Wander. A training run from home followed by tea & toast, toast made in the biggest home toaster in Belconnen! Coming soon.

2. Our kitchen floor is finally getting put in today, so the kitchen is nearly finished! Only painting to go. And lounge room painting at the same time

3. That's one room nearly done. Many more to go. Lounge room carpets next, maybe, once the painting is done and we see how it looks.

goosy goosy gander
where shall I wander