Saturday 5 May 2007

A day over 59

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, May 05, 2007 with
quote of the day: "I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit." - Dawna Markova

A brilliant game samorost1 and its followup, even better, you can play the first half for free, samorost2

Amazing Guitar
http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

Thursday training
The first of four four-weekly 2k time trials was held in windy conditions on a rough grass track at Dickson. After the time trial, we ran 12 x 50m sprints with a 40m jog between, in relay teams of three. For the record, the 2k times were Colin 7:09, Rod 7:28. Ken 7.46, Matthew 8.16, Maria 8.32, Roger 8.47, Geoff S 8.49, Neil 8.52, Kathy 9.25. Adam 9.38, Caroline 9.50, Ruth 10.30, and Margaret 10.45.

Banana Leaf.
I have booked the Banana Leaf Restaurant for Monday 14 May at 6.30pm and will take names next week.