Sunday 20 May 2007

Mother Goose Freezes Butt

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, May 20, 2007 with
BUT first, Chelsea won.



BUTT second, I heard a very funny story at Karen's 50th birthday party last week. A salutary lesson, it reminded me of the time my nephew's tongue was stuck in the freezer compartment of our fridge and we had to use warm water to free him. BUT this time it was a story about Karen, her butt, and a car's bumper bar.

The END of the story is not for publication.

Karen joined my training group in 1981 or 1982, in fact she was the first ADULT to do so. Before that there was "only" a group of four or five lads of ten or eleven tender years who were jogging with me, training for the 1500m. Nathan Moore; Tony Brown; Justin Harrison; the other names escape me but I am sure they are just as famous now as the ones I recall.

Soon after, Karen invited Carol to join, and the rest is history. Or possibly archaeology.

Without Karen, it is most unlikely the Speedygeese would ever have come about. That makes Karen the original goose, and given Karen's propensity for writing adolescent literature, I would like to think she will be known from here on as "Mother Goose".

Happy Birthday, Mother Goose!