Tuesday 15 May 2007

Put right from the cold one

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 with
Song of the week: The Unwinding Cable Car - Anberlin, from "Cities". Contains the line "Don't drop your arms" --which I think is code for "keep the intercession going". Here here.

Speedy Geese Awards at last night's dinner:
1. The most improved goose over the summer track season - Amanda Walker
2. A special prize, the Perfect Running Buddy award for supporting encouraging and generally being friendly with others far beyond the call of duty - Peter Hogan.

Two Way Translation
Have you ever tried the on-line translators? Some, like http://www.freetranslation.com/ provide a word by word translation to give you a very rough idea of the meaning. I translated the following (from my blog a few days ago) from English to Italian to English again:

"There is good news on my "weight" - I tried on a pair of trousers I haven't worn since the early 1990s because they became too small, and they fit me again. Snug, but wearable."

and got

"There it is some good news on the mine "the weight '- I experienced a couple of pants I did not put on since the first 1990 because became too small, and go me well still. Put right from the cold one, but indossabile."

Good thing I used clear language for a change!

Sunday's Half Marathon Results - still not available

Amanda - most improved