Monday 13 August 2007

“I didn’t know that!”

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, August 13, 2007 with
Goose Fact #6: The geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

What do we say when we honk from behind?

My training progress
last week's target: 60k
achieved: 60k
year total to date: 2,497k in 32 weeks

With twenty weeks left this year, were I to average exactly 65k per week I would equal last year’s total. But naturally I would like to better it.

this week’s target: 80k
weight: 66.5kg ▼
song of the week: "How To Be Dead" - Snow Patrol - from "Final Straw".

I have road tested "How To Be Dead" and its 180+ beats per minute certainly gets you motoring!

Interestingly and not unexpectedly, the album "Hooked on Rock and Roll" is a constant succession of 163 bpm tracks!

Additional: I am adding each of my "songs of the week" to a playlist, now located on the right hand column of this blog.

Q: Did you know that there are world records for the marathon which are held by a member of the Speedygeese training group, i.e. us?
A: see this website, and check out the women's age records for 5, 6 and 7 year old. Yes, she still holds those records from a long time ago, and they are still faster than the boys' records for that age.

Speedygeese at the Women's Jogalong on 5 August
Sonia Veldhoven W30 27:09
Amanda Walker W35 27:58
Helen Larmour W45 26:55
Barbara Tucker W55 33:44
Charmaine Knobel W55 29:45
Margaret McSpadden W60 34:14


Jennifer Amyx, world traveller, world record holder, now based back in the US, migrates south some winters