Sunday 4 May 2008

At Last The Big Day

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, May 04, 2008 with
Benchmark: The Beatles; for all contemporary music.
Postmark: When you add labels to a post; which I have stopped doing.
Landmark: Turning 60; which I am doing today but will never do again.
Trademark: Poor puns; one may emerge today and I will keep producing them on occasion.
This is an occasion!
Grouchomark: one of the five marks brothers; name the other four.

Sorry, Marx.

When you turn sixty you are finally able to honestly claim you are old. Age is a very good excuse: for misbehaviour; for faulty memory, for accidents and incidents of all kinds. For misspellings and split infinitives. You can flash your ACT Seniors card and say, see, officially healthy wealthy and wise, and it's all because of AGE. You can get away with things younger people would be heavily censured for. Yes, sixty is much better than eighteen. I am going to enjoy it very much!

And the poor puns will keep coming. You thought "dad jokes" were bad? Here come the "grandad jokes". Jokes that make your dad groan!

Please send me your suggestions; I will publish the worst ones.

By the way, I was born in Adelaide at 11:50pm on 4 May 1948. That's 12:20am on 5 May in the Eastern states and the ACT. Not a problem though, as on 4 May 2008 I am actually visiting my old home town, Adelaide, again.