Thursday 22 May 2008

Training at the new Stromlo Cross Country Course

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, May 22, 2008 with
Fridays from this week on I plan to train at Stromlo, starting at 1:30pm. Please contact me to make sure I will be there any particular week; occasionally I will be away interstate.



The entrance is off Uriarra road, just west of Coppins Crossing Road intersection. The map shows brown earth after the fires, but it is an old map - the course is now very green, and anyone could run there barefoot, if that's an option for you in winter!

Initially I will run a 2.5km warm-up at 1:30pm, followed by 3 x 1km circuits "fast" with a 1km circuit recovery, then a final 2.5km cool-down, making 10km of training in all.

While this is part of "my" training, the idea is that this is available for anyone to come along, particularly if you miss Thursday night at Dickson.

Edit: actually the latest google earth is a bit more up to date - it looks as if work has started on the Stromlo facility.