Saturday 31 May 2008

yesterday

Posted by speedygeoff on Saturday, May 31, 2008 with
yesterday I included a map of Stromlo in my post; cool! you can manipulate the map, zoom in or out or move it around, and view photo and text (I could have included a video, if I had one!). I will use google maps to set up more of these.

yesterday I trained at Stromlo as planned; I nearly talked myself out of it when no-one else arrived, but luckily sense prevailed and I ran my 1k intervals, averaging 3:48, four seconds per k faster than last week. It was cool and windy; I met a fellow ACT Masters athlete at the end of the session, Wayne Gregson, who was running around in bare feet (as I will one day) and no top (as I won't when it's that cool; I had two layers on top). He says it's faster in bare feet, which I can believe. If you're used to it. I will work my way into bare feet very gradually, next summer.

thursday was our track session at Dickson where I got the training group of Colin, Mick H, Rod, Bronwyn, Rachelle, David, Neil, Geoff B, Tony, Miranda, Ruth, Margaret & Jodie to run their 3x1k; Matthew & Christine G to run 3x600; and I supervised. Col, Mick and Rod were in the 3:20 to 3:30 range, which puts my Friday effort into some perspective.


Ruth, David and Rae at the speedygeese dinner.