Monday 1 September 2008

• I'm a Loser

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, September 01, 2008 with
...as are we all.


Coldplay say it better:
Just because I’m losing
Doesn’t mean I’m lost
Doesn’t mean I’ll stop
Doesn’t mean I will cross

Just because I’m hurting
Doesn’t mean I’m hurt
Doesn’t mean I didn’t get what I deserve
No better and no worse

I just got lost
Every river that I’ve tried to cross
And every door I ever tried was locked
Ooh-Oh, And I’m just waiting till the shine wears off…

You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn’t mean you’ve won
‘Cause along may come
A bigger one
And you’ll be lost

Every river that you tried to cross
Every gun you ever held went off
Ooh-Oh, And I’m just waiting till the firing starts
Ooh-Oh, And I’m just waiting till the shine wears off...


There is always someone more speedy than you, just as there is always someone less speedy than you. Don't let the achievements of others affect you too much either way.



My training progress
last week’s target: n/a
achieved: 61k
year 2008 total to date: 2880k in 35 weeks
this week's target: 90k
weight: 63.5kg ▲

I am thinking of running at the High Noon meet this Sunday but I don't know what's on, the program has not appeared. I will run BBQ Stakes this Wednesday: it is the reverse version so I will see if I can break 25 minutes for only the third time ever. And a 90k week would be good, let it not rain on Tuesday and I will go on a longer run then.

Snaps from the Half Marathon.