Monday 15 December 2008

Where I Live

Posted by speedygeoff on Monday, December 15, 2008 with
Google earth has managed to capture me driving my car into the driveway of our house!

How to be unhappy #4. Always be ready with an excuse.
Have excuses for everything that doesn't work out in your life exactly as you want it to. "It was my parents' fault" is a popular one. Runners at start lines of races are the best at this, I do it myself. "I had a big lunch". "My leg is sore". If these excuse-statements become habitual, that is how you will come to see yourself most of the time, as someone who won't be at their best at any time. Although, I don't think runners in general are like that, I think it's more a case of them psyching out the opposition before the race starts. But you know the type.

There will be more of these "unhappy" offerings to come, but do not fear. I am getting them out of the way so that we can swing to the positive before Christmas ready for a brilliant new year!

Karma. Here's an interesting website! http://www.karmacentral.com.au/

My plans this week
Monday: I am skipping my gym class this morning, I will be seeing my health professional today to see if I should run or ease off. Or at least, to see what he thinks, I will still run. Then our normal Parliament house training, a run at 4:30pm and meeting everyone at 5:30pm
Tuesday is our speedygeese dinner in the evening, so instead of going to Stromlo late afternoon I will run long from home during the day.
Wednesday I may attend the gym class, then go for a moderately long run somewhere. Another dinner is on that evening so I have to keep the running going or more upward arrows will appear!
Thursday At this stage I am planning on running around Parliament house preparing for next week's Monday session, then later in the day going out to track at the AIS but I won't risk competing.
Friday is my gym session followed by yet another Christmas function at lunch time, maybe after that I can fit in an easy run, and in the evening party party party! This week is looking good!
Saturday 9am Stromlo intervals.
Sunday 8am Stromlo long run.