Tuesday 3 March 2009

Stop me if you have heard it

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 with
Parliament House Training Monday 2 March: present were Alan, Bronwyn, Ewen, me, Helen, Jodie, Joel, Margaret, Mick C, Miranda, Neil, Rachelle, Rae, Rohan, Suzie & Yelena. We ran six intervals with plenty of rest between them. Intervals were about 200, 300, 400+, 400+, 300, 200.

I have cancelled Parliament House training on Canberra Day next Monday 9 March because there is just too much on and people may like a rest and a real holiday that day. There is the Weston Creek Half Marathon on Sunday 8th (on-line entries close tomorrow, the 4th) and there is the ACT Masters 5000m track championships on Thursday 12th.

Reminder – there is no ACT Masters track on Thursday 5 March, it has been brought forward to Wednesday 4 March owing to a very big soccer match at the main stadium on Thursday.

Track Program for Wednesday 4 March
6:00pm spiral 6
6:30pm 800/2000 walk
6:50pm 60m
7:10pm 800m
7:30pm 100m (Daniels)
7:50pm 3000m/5000m

Song of the week: It's the whole album, "No Line on the Horizon", by U2, just released, their first album for six years. It's sensational. Magnificent. It's the real thing. Even better than the real thing. Have you heard it?

Mick Horan's triathlon result from Saturday: I have been keeping an eye on the AMG website, triathlon results have just been published. No Mick Horan in the results; they only listed the age group place getters. So I can tell you he didn't come in 1, 2, or 3.

“Stop me if you’ve heard it”. A little old lady is walking down the street dragging two large plastic garbage bags behind her. One of the bags rips, and every once in a while a $20 note falls out onto the footpath. Noticing this, a policeman stops her, and says, ‘Ma’am, there are $20 notes falling out of your bag.’
‘Oh, really? Darn!’ says the little old lady. ‘I’d better go back, and see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me…’
‘Well, now, not so fast,’ says the cop. ‘How did you get all that money?’ ‘You didn’t steal it, did you?’ ‘Oh, no’, says the little old lady. ‘You see, my back yard is right next to the football stadium parking lot. On game days, a lot of fans come and pee through the fence into my flower garden. So, I stand behind the fence with my hedge clippers. Each time some guy sticks his thing through the fence, I say, ‘$20 or off it comes.’
‘Well, that seems only fair.’ laughs the cop. OK? Good luck! Oh, by the way, what’s in the other bag?’
’Well, you know’, says the little old lady, ‘not everybody pays.’

Amanda, Peter, Rod, Carol. Amanda is running so fast the others look like they are walking.