Thursday 5 November 2009

purple re-patch

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, November 05, 2009 with
The start

speedygeese

Unplanned but prompted by Gary telling me of a Safari issue with my layout, something I had suspected and seen before but hadn’t checked up on with this template, I changed templates late yesterday. Only two or three remaining problems, the end of the side-bar goes out of alignment in Internet Explorer, something I can probably work around (has to be a problem with Explorer, not Blogger or the template); my links at the top are odd, I cannot get more than three across in one row, Chrome lists the next six (now five) nicely underneath, Opera lists them not nicely, Explorer doesn’t list them at all. I can easily reduce my eight links to three by merging the linked posts. Or I can do a bit of work and insert a set of tabbed links in one form or another, there are many and various ways of doing that. Or I can move them to a link section on the sidebar. Yes, that’s what I will do. A third enhancement is to add that nice search facility I had in the last version, I haven’t looked at what’s involved yet. Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time - I think I've forgotten this before.
Feedback has been positive, thanks.

My action list
1. see if I can fix the Explorer sidebar wobble [Edit: DONE]
2. put a link to “links” on the sidebar [Edit: DONE]
3. re-implement a nice search facility  [Edit: DONE]
4. try adding a row of tabs for links  [Edit: NO NEED]
Any other suggestions while I am in a painting and decorating mood?
[Edit: might replace the icon, and might add RSS feed]