Friday 27 November 2009

starting again

Posted by speedygeoff on Friday, November 27, 2009 with

Margaret at the start of the O'Connor Ridge monthly handicap

The final handicap for the year is this Sunday, 8:30am (note the earlier start...), Weston Park (...and note the change of venue). Looks like I will end up a close second in the short course age percentage point score (see yesterday's post for what I think of close seconds). I haven't had a single good run in the handicaps all year, and my training during the last month has fallen right away. Still, I can but try.



I resumed training at the gym this morning, feeling about 60% well, and will resume at Pialligo tomorrow to run out the cobwebs for Sunday. Pialligo is an 8am start, and we meet initially at the old Pialligo school (see Wednesday's post). Then next week, I hope I can start building up distance again.

Yesterday instead of training or going to track I watched my grand-daughter Kayleigh compete in Gymnastics. She had been selected to participate in the National Clubs IDP (International Development Program) Championships for levels 5 and 6. The event was at the AIS here in Canberra this week. It was a great experience for a ten year old to meet up with and compete with the best in Australia at her level, and a great privilege for her to be chosen to take part in the first place. She was all smiles as she had "stuck" her beam routine for the first time, on both days too.