Wednesday 9 December 2009

birthdays and parties

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 with
Happy Birthday Rod!

Rod turned 50 on Monday. Welcome to the M50's!

Happy birthday also to Joel, 26 on Monday.
Happy birthday also to Yelena, 28 today. Two years to go to the W30's!
Happy birthday also to Amanda, 42 today.

That's

Amanda will now disclose the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. Meanwhile, my quotes will have to do. "The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again." - Erma Bombeck. Also Known As Amanda's slogan.

Coincidentally 42 is also the number of acceptances to our dinner on Tuesday. Sadly they can only fit in 36 of us, we are oversubscribed. Which means putting a few people on a waiting list. I am not sure how to go about that; "last in first out" doesn't seem quite fair. I will ponder it for a few days. Meanwhile, let's hope the restaurant has 5 or 6 cancellations. I have talked to the restaurant and we will get in if there are cancellations. I never expected 40+, it hasn't happened before!

Footnote: We are now down to 40.... so keep your fingers crossed everybody.