Wednesday 20 January 2010

“The Science of Body Odour!”

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 with


Listened to an interesting conversation between our Melanie and a body odour expert on 666 yesterday. I wonder, does Melanie want to research her topics when she runs with us? Next she could do a segment on a threatened species of geese in the Parliamentary Triangle. Listen to Melanie Tait on 666 between 9-12 this week and next. I have not been paid for this promotion.

I use a product which is supposed to be (a) natural, (b) a deodorant, and (c) not an anti-perspirant. Why would a runner want to block perspiration? Would my best friend tell me if it wasn't working? The product has no odour. It's called DeoNat, reviewed here. http://www.runnersworldonline.com.au/default.aspx?s=gear-display&id=653. Note - this "product endorsement" is purely voluntary! I have to say that, because blogger doesn't like sponsored endorsements. And rightly so. I have not been paid for this promotion.

Some more results:
January Jogalong times: Thea 31:08
BBQ times from 13.1.10: Gary 30:17; Roger 31:05
I had no less than three other things on today and won't run. Speaking of clashes, I won't be able to run the planned Bush Capitol Marathon on the 31st July, I will be in Sydney that day. So I will have to review my plans and see what else to aim for this year. At the moment, it's the Weston Creek Half Marathon, then I don't know. Front runner is probably the Doomben Half Marathon in June.



Jennifer and Ewen both enjoying themselves, The shoulders of a couple of other well known people are in the picture. A rare occasion when a group of runners were not perspiring nor breathing heavily. Not as much as usual, anyway. I have not been paid to suppress this photo. Nor the ones I have in reserve for the future....