Tuesday 29 June 2010

continuous

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 with
Best wishes to all participants in the Gold Coast marathon this weekend; or in the half marathon or 10k if that is what you are running in. I have heard that a couple of entrants have transferred down to a shorter race, I am confident all will go well and you will run a great time whatever distance you end up doing. There is no entry list on the Gold Coast website, so rather than list those I know and risk missing somebody, I will wait until the results come out to post the names.

Training last night was about 20 degrees colder than the Gold Coast is going to be. It was freezing! Still, quite a few ran; Craig, Jennifer, Ewen & I ran 8k first, then we were joined by Brett, Caroline, Christopher, Emma, Leanne, Nadine, Neil, Ruth, Tony & Warrick for our last Parliament House speed-endurance interval session, 30 minutes of continuous running and surging around the Rose Garden loop. Next week, we start hill work.

Brett racing Mount Ainslie on Sunday. Brett backed up with a solid hit-out on Monday night at Parliament House in the cold, "winning" the training session by a good margin.

Warrick & I battling it out at Mount Ainslie. Warrick still managed to run well Monday night but I was a bit tired after the hard run the previous day (though not at all emotional).