Thursday 14 February 2013

Australian Idle

Posted by speedygeoff on Thursday, February 14, 2013 with
Not

Today is not only Valentine's day, it is the tenth anniversary of my retirement from work. Paid work. I can't say I have been idle though. It would be nice to say I caught up on my reading; didn't. Or I visited the coast regularly; didn't. Or I learnt an instrument; didn't. Or I did a whole heap of cross training; didn't. Or traveled extensively; didn't. And so on. On the up side I can say I didn't start visiting the pub, or start overeating, or give up daily exercise, or get sick, or split up with anyone. And I have kept training and never given up on coaching anyone, even though many may have given up on me; their problem. And I have made many new friends, particularly those in the younger brigade.

We (speedyJenny & I) are busy tonight, as usual, but tomorrow night there will be a rare window of opportunity to celebrate, with my first glass (or two) of wine in February 2013.

Also in the last ten years this blog was born, and is working its way towards adolescence, growing a little bit each day. Despite the spell checker trying just now for the word "obsolescence" instead of "adolescence". I don't think so!

Never idle


Passing time


Always positive