Sunday 14 April 2013

Great day of half marathons, marathons, and ultras

Posted by speedygeoff on Sunday, April 14, 2013 with
Canberra turned on spectacular weather today for the Australian Running Festival. Speedygeese who ran in the marathon included Kylie with a PB under 3:28, Craig with a PB around 3:47, while Suzie and Ruth were brave finishers. Many half marathoners ran good times. And over 150, maybe 200, of the marathon finishers went on to a full 50k. The day was perfect, although for some reason many in the marathon felt unwell - something in the water? But many great runs. I suggest you scan your friends' facebook updates for reports and photos, and when the results appear I will list here some of the highlights - of speedygeese, ACT runners, and my friends from elsewhere.

Scott Yates took a great photo of me which is now my Facebook header page. And here is one of his photos of the runners. Again, look on Facebook for his full set.

YES it is Ruth. Click to enlarge!