Wednesday 19 June 2013

Hail to thee

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 with
HAIL to thee, blithe spirit!
Bird thou never wert—
That from heaven or near it
Pourest thy full heart
In profuse strains of unpremeditated art.

The AIS Athletic Track yesterday afternoon


I was aware of none of this and drove out to Dickson as usual to train, but only Roden and Susan showed up so we cut the session short. It would have been ideal training weather as the rain had cleared and there was no wind, although the track was rather soggy. I think the Dickson track must get watered on Tuesdays, and what with the afternoon rain its condition was less than perfect. If we had met at the AIS instead, an all weather track which is usually OK, hailstones like the above might have been a bit much to handle. Storms around Canberra can be like this one was - thunder in one place, hail in another, and light rain elsewhere.

I hit the gym this morning and I plan to head off for an easy 12k this afternoon. If the weather, and a slightly sore back, hold up.

Birthdays: it's that time of year I think! I had 4 more birthday notifications today on Facebook, after several yesterday including Susan and Kym. Yesterday I updated my speedygeese contact list to reflect current membership - the count is 62 current speedygeese! One of them is Peter Burke and I believe it is his 41st birthday today. But it wasn't one of the four on Facebook. So if in fact you are 41 today and are reading this, Peter, happy birthday!