Tuesday 11 June 2013

running morning noon and night

Posted by speedygeoff on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 with
Speedygeese training at Dickson, Tuesday 4 June
As best as I recall, the early run was the 12.5k lap of Mount Ainslie, with Clint, Miranda and I meeting Kelley part of the way who turned around and ran with us to the finish; then on the track some 400m intervals for Rod, Colin, Clint, Kelley, Mick H and Susan. It's a while ago now so I hope my memory was good!

Mick H running the mountain

YCRC Stromlo 10.5k off-track, Saturday 8 June
4. Kym Chisholm 48:44
There were only 8 finishers, and there were just 11 starters including Andy and me!

Speedygeese training at Parliament House, Monday 10 June
Ewen and I ran 8k early, then for the main session we went down to the lake and run 12 x 140m, up-hill sprints on 2 minutes. I trotted around trying to get some range of motion happening, and doing the full sprints were Ruth, Sarah-Jayne, Craig, Andrew S, and Jen.

So on Mondays I think we will continue with strength work (hilly runs), on Tuesdays middle distance intervals, and on Thursdays longer distance intervals, while on Sundays at Stromlo in the cold, longer running seems in order.

And at night the cats have a run