Wednesday 12 November 2014

How we trained on Monday

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 with
There are still no parking restrictions at Parliament House despite their date of introduction having passed. When if ever this does come in, here is Ewen's solution:



At training on Monday night I arrived to find myself alone but still ran a rather warm early run. By 530pm it had cooled down and the group had arrived; Andy Bron Christopher Colin Isaac Jen Ruth Vanessa Warrick. The session was 15 reps of a 400m loop including 100m uphill, on 2 minutes. I ran about half the session too and the following graph sampled from my Garmin shows how each successive hill produced a slightly higher heart rate than the previous one. Green line altitude, red line heart rate.



As you can see, after a few attempts I stopped exhausted and supervised for a while. But it wasn't a problem, it was legs not heart. My maximum heartrate, the highest red point on the graph, was only 145.