Wednesday 26 October 2016

latest speedygeese training

Posted by speedygeoff on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 with
Thursday 20 October at Parliament House: the session was 30 minutes running around a 600m figure eight loop. Runners were invited to jog the first 200m, which included a 100m uphill, then run 400m which mostly gentle downhill. Jen, Kylie, Kym, Liz, Nicole, and Sandeep participated but some found this a hard session and had to bail out.

On Monday 24 October again at Parliament House we ran from the tennis courts 7&8 a repeat of the course of two weeks earlier, but this time a 2 and 3 person relay making some team changes halfway through the 30 minutes. Running were Andy, Caroline, Colin, Dave, Ewen, Garry, Isaac, Jen, Joel, Pieta, Ruth, Sandeep, Warrick with me watching. Dinner at the Yacht Club followed.

I am finding running tricky in my old age, so where I will do most of my training as soon as this opens:



The venue for this new gym is at Lake Ginninderra past the restaurants near the footbridge, at the Belconnen Arts Centre end. I can run around the lake before/after sessions. The two owner/managers are good friends of mine and I have trained with them before, many times. The sessions times when I plan to attend are weekdays 9:30am thru 11:30am, and Saturdays 9:30am thru 10:30am after Ginninderra parkrun.

So I might get fit again without having to run too much for a while.